Monday, August 31, 2015

Independence Day!

Today these dear people celebrated their countries independence!  It was a wonderful thing to experience!    It was mostly a day of standing next to L while she sat in her chair explaining the art work displayed by her school.  It was a neat experience to see her so poised as she explained each piece to strangers as they passed by!  Her most important responsibility was to exhibit to the "Inspector" who I think may have been the mayor or assistant mayor.  However, this inspector showed up hours later than expected leaving L to wait baking in the sun! She was out there from 8:00 in the morning and the guy did not make his way to her school's display until around 12:30!  Laughing to myself as I noticed the teachers get rigid and flustered as he approached, I noticed little L as poised as ever, patiently waiting to explain her treasured art.  I wish I had it on video.  She was so calm and articulate.  I was so so proud! I think any other child may have been cranky with hunger and heat stroke but not my little darling!  I watched as she gracefully held up her hand to direct attention to each piece as she spoke.  What a sweet little charmer!  I was blushing with pride :)
Here are some pictures from the Independence day celebration. 
There were hundreds of little displays set up all around this park, each so unique and interesting.  I wish I could have taken pictures of all of it!

L is really not camera shy :)

I love the shy smile :)

she thought these sheep were really cute... she looked at them for a long time.  Then she said "this one is Emily, this one is Yulia, and this one is me!"

at this booth there was art supplies and L got to add a masterpiece to the collection.


L working on her masterpiece

My dear friend Yulia! 

"What are the fish saying to each other?"

Some of L's wonderful teachers

L explaining the art to one of her teachers.  This sweet woman loves her students so much! It is so obvious and so wonderful to see!

L and one of her friends worked on this one together!  I loved it so much I asked if I could buy it but they said they love it too much to let it go.  They said they love to keep the art work as it reminds them of their children that they love so much!







L really loved these bears! So sweet!



She really loved these bears!

Sweet L manning her duty station.  So so sweet!

Lots of interesting costumes... these were her favorite!

she wanted to take pictures with all the characters as they walked by :)

Here is L with some of her wonderful teachers!  The sun was right in her eyes... poor sweet girl!

The woman in the middle is one of L's teachers.  They sang a song with her and it was beautiful!

L loved taking pictures when she was all dressed up in her traditional clothing!

Later on Monday I got to visit again.  We were both so tired but still so happy to be together!

I could be wrong but I think this is the Saksahan lake :) I went for a walk after dinner on Independence day in the park with some friends that I met at church the day before.  What fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment