Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Day 2: Praise the Lord Oh my soul and all that is within me!

Praise His holy name!
Woke up feeling refreshed and filled with peace this morning!

After a lovely little breakfast on Karen's balcony, Vitali called me and my DAP was at 9am!  Good thing I woke up early!
The DAP appointment went very well and I had a very healing conversation with Serge.  What a graceful team we have working on this adoption!  They were so kind as we discussed what had happened several months ago and so graceful as they explained that they did not think ill of our family for the way things turned out.  I tried very hard not to cry as I explained how much I wish I could have taken my two darlings home in April and I think they very clearly understood my heart and my desires for those kids and also for my future adopted children.  What a blessed time it was!
This is Serge, Yulia, and Vitali at breakfast after the DAP appointment 
After my second breakfast Vitali had some free hours so he was able to take me and two other families on some touring while I waited for my referral to come through.  The touring was so much fun!  He suggested we visit the estate of former president Yanukovych... boy did we learn a ton!  This guy was suuuuuper selfish and used so much tax dollar for his own gain!  His estate was enormous and extravagant beyond imagination.  After he was caught (for a number of corrupt things), he fled the country and his estate has now become a very grand tour indeed!  Here are some pictures:





















No comments:

Post a Comment