Tuesday, September 15, 2015

September 14, 2015

I did not have internet for two days but I really am trying to keep up with regular posting! 
here is what I wrote yesterday:


September 14, 2015       We are finally here!  I finally got to hug my little sweet L today!  I praise the Lord for so many things! My goal this time around is to post daily so that the posts actually match up with the posting date... This means my writing will not be so well thought as I am really tired at the end of every day!  Sorry guys! Not that my writing was ever all that clever but now you may find that you feel like you are reading the journal of a fourth grader :)  Thank you for loving us and praying for us!  Here is what has been happening for the last few days:




I took a train to my sister Katie's home on Friday and then Katie and I flew from New York on Saturday together.  Yes! Katie is taking this trip with me! So so fun to have sister with me!  This was breakfast at Katie's Saturday morning... last meal.

We actually had great travel time with very short layovers and landed in the capital on Sunday at 1pm.  The awesome Vitaliy picked us up again and took us out for pizza on our way to the train station.  We were on a train by 3pm and then arrived south around 715.  Iryna took excellent care of us to be sure that we did not miss our stop..... This team is just wonderful in every way!  I seriously can not say enough good things about them!  God is ALL over this place!  After exiting the train Irynia called again to be sure we were safely off the train and she said,  "Whew!  I can relax now because I know you are safely off!"  I said not to relax yet because we still have to walk over the crazy scary bridge to the other side of the tracks... does anybody know what I'm talking about?!  I don't have a picture but it is so scary!  I think I would cry if I had to walk my kids across it!  Not sure how we are going to get L up and over that mess.... But God will take care of that detail when it comes.  So, we did survive that trek and also the 60K cab ride back to L's city through the war zone that is called a street.  We melted into bed around 10pm and had a GREAT night of sleep!  Praise God for sleep!  It had been another 48 hour episode of Planes, Trains, and Automobiles but now it was time for an episode sleeping all night!

This morning we woke up bright and early and had breakfast while we waited for Yulia Petrichenko to arrive from her night train.  She was again willing to meet us in KR and help translate for us!  I assumed I would be able to visit L for the same visitation hours that I did last time I was in town but their schedule is very different now because it was summer time break before and now school is back in session.  I called Iryna to ask about visiting and I was practically on my way out the door to see my sweet little L when she told me I could not visit until much later today because of school!  I could have cried!  We all sat back down to figure out what to do for the next several hours (well I sulked while Yulia and Katie made plans).  Then Iryna called me back and said that the teachers were letting her stay out from school and that she was waiting for me! So then we packed up and ran to her school!  It was so wonderful to be with her again! It was like we never missed a day!  She said “My Momma!” as soon as I was with her!   Oh praise the Lord!   The day went beautifully! Here are some pictures: 

This is one of L's classmates

L's room

Beautiful school room!



She loves her teachers!  This is the library teacher

This was displayed in the main hall.... L drew this when she was little.

a display on the wall. 














Tomorrow is court please pray for us! 



2 comments:

  1. Been praying for you - and anxiously waiting for a court report!!

    You all look like you are having so much fun there!! Keep loving on those kiddos.

    Send our hugs and love to Yulia!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are waiting and hoping and watching. Thank you for the update.

    ReplyDelete